• 8 oz (227g) fresh crimini mushrooms
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 1/2 lb (225g) lean ground beef
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
• 2 cups cheddar cheese
• 1/2 small red onion, sliced
• 2 small Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup (60 mL) dill pickles, sliced
• 1 cup (250 mL) shredded lettuce
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) Miracle Whip
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) ketchup
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) yellow mustard
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) relish
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) onion, finely diced
• 1 tsp (5 mL) white sugar
1. Place mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
2. In a large saucepan, brown mushrooms until moisture has been released, approximately 5 to 6
minutes. Add onion, beef and garlic, continuing to cook for 10 minutes or until beef is cooked
3. Meanwhile, combine all burger sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Place one tortilla in the bottom of a dry grill pan. Sprinkle with cheese, red onion, tomatoes
and dill pickles. Spoon on meat mixture. Top with the second tortilla. If your grill pan comes
with a panini press, place preheated press on top of tortilla. If no press is available, carefully flip
the quesadilla over using a spatula.
5. Remove from skillet and cut into wedges. Top with fresh shredded lettuce and burger sauce
Find more family-friendly recipes online at mushrooms.ca.